Just in case you were wondering, these are the steps necessary to enable a port on a Fabric Interconnect when adding a new UCS chassis (or I guess a rackmount server as well).
- Log into Cisco UCS Manager
- Expand Fabric Internconnect A/B (Subordinate) >> Fixed Modules >> Ethernet Ports
- Click on the port you wish to enable and click Reconfigure
- Click Configure as server port, click yes
- You may receive an alert that the interface is down, followed by a recovery message.
- Click the Show Interface link
- Enter a label to identify the port on the chassis that is connected.
- Repeat for Fabric Interconnect A/B (Primary)
You should now see the port connected.