I’m writing this post in reply to Thomas Jones post over at Niketown588. Under normal circumstances I would’ve just replied via comment but I knew it was going to be a long reply so Thomas here’s my comment:
Medal of Honor series FPS (first person shooter) sparked my interest while reading about it in a magazine. I was excited they were trying to improve on a series that hasn’t done to well in the past. Call of Duty series has dominated the FPS military style games for the past 3 years if not longer. Now I pre-ordered a copy for xbox360 and was able to participate a couple days while they had the multiplayer beta open. I didn’t have the urge to play more.
All the game reviewers are saying this is the best game coming out and is a cross of the Battlefied Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty series. What are they thinking? Multiplayer online has the same feel as Battlefield online.
- No prone position
- Graphics were sub par
- Games take forever
- Annoying sound when the game is coming to an end
- Did I mention no prone yet?
- When shooting long distance there is lack of trajectory; meaning where weapon is pointed bullet hits. ( call of duty you have to adjust higher for long range shots)
- weapon inaccuarcy (I hit person 3x’s w/sniper they still running and end up killing me)
- Mele knife attack is slow
- Did I mention Lag
- Blow buildings up
- Use of vehicles
- Re-spawn feature where you can choose where to re-spawn based on game and players alive
- Did I mention you can blow buildings up?
Now Medal of Honor has potential w/DICE and the use of there game engine Frostbite. I also believe they are using the Unreal Game engine (Gears of war). I am not ruling this game out and am hoping like Thomas mentioned it is expected to be a great game. I hope for this. I will give a complete review once I have a copy of the game in hand and give you the real good and bad of it.
While I was in the military I was fortunate to train w/Special forces a couple times and hold those moments and fellow soldiers in high regards!
It is the highest honor in the military to earn a Medal of Honor (Take some time to read how the service members earned theirs!) let’s hope for EA‘s sake this game has a great campaign mode and the online experience improves to make this lack luster series get out of the mediocre spot and into the top rankings.