If you are running EMC ViPR SRM, and your license key expires you will no longer be able to log into the UI where you could have installed a new license key. Instead you will need to update the license(s) via the command line. The directions I had found had
a mistake were unclear, so thought I’d publish the steps that worked for me here.
First and foemost, obtain your new license key by submitting a SR (Service Request) via support.emc.com and follow the steps below.
- Launch WinSCP or your file copy tool of choice
- Connect to your ViPR SRM front end server and login in as a user who can elevate privileges (Default root/Changeme1!)
- Navigate to /opt/APG/
- Upload the license key zip file (which may have multiple license files
- If not already, name the file licenses.zip – It gave me an error when it was not named that
- SSH to your ViPR SRM FE server
- Login as a user who can elevate privileges
/opt/APG/bin/manage-licenses.sh install /opt/APG/licenses.zip
/opt/APG/bin/manage-modules.sh service restart tomcat
You should now be able to log in