What is a vExpert?
The annual VMware vExpert title is given to individuals who have significantly contributed to the community of VMware users over the past year. The title is awarded to individuals (not employers) for their commitment to sharing their knowledge and passion for VMware technology above and beyond their job requirements.
How do I become vExpert?
Simply goto the vExpert page and fill out the application. Many ask “why should I fill it out for myself? “. Well who knows what you have been doing all year but yourself. People can’t keep running tabs on all accounts of peoples lives (unless you are govt. agency with deep pockets).
Ask yourself the following few questions
- Do you spend a lot of time on forums answering questions?
- Are you active with your local VMUG?
- Do you regularly write about VMware products?
- Are you internally helping your organization understand VMware technology?
- Do you engage with the community on VMware virtualization?
- Do you write about VMware products on a blog? (this could be how-to’s or about announcements)
If you answered yes a few times then you should apply to be a vExpert.
Click here to go to vExpert page and start the process.
Few things that will help you
- gather your resources
- know what you did and how it helped the community
- get on cloudcred (this is new but am certain in future will have an impact on acceptance)
I enjoy the vExpert community, it is filled with a bunch of passionate people. It also comes with a few perks that I didn’t cover in this post because I feel that it is more for community recognition then the perks. I was honored last year by becoming vExpert 2012 and hopefully will stay one in 2013. You have nothing to lose by applying and it will be a nervous couple months while they go through all the applications, but it is worth it!